ST PETERSBURG, FL - OCTOBER 04: Pitcher Jeremy Hellickson #58 of the Tampa Bay Rays pitches against the Texas Rangers in Game Four of the American League Division Series at Tropicana Field on October 4, 2011 in St Petersburg, Florida. (Photo by Mike Ehrmann/Getty Images)
Some rumors from around the American League East.
- Bob Elliot from the Toronto Sun writes about the Toronto Blue Jays off season, and mentions that they are surprised from the asking prices of the closing pitcher free agents.
- Alex Speier from WEEI writes about the crisis that Chicago Cubs general manager Theo Epstein is having negotiating for his own compensation with the Boston Red Sox.
- Steve Slowinski from DRaysBay writes about rookie Jeremy Hellickson and the struggles he had against left handed hitters in the 2011 season.
- Marc Craig from NJ.com writes about how New York Yankees manager Joe Girardi wants more pitching depth to work with in the 2012 season, and how general manager Brian Cashman agrees.
- Anthony McCarron from the New York Daily News talked to Joe Torre about Jorge Posada, who will not be with the Yankees next season, about why Torre sees the catcher as a hall of famer. David Cone also chimes in and wants to see Posada retire.