A few minor league notes from today:
- Joe Capozzi from The Palm Beach Post reported that former Marlins manager Edwin Rodriguez will be the new Manager of the Carolina Mudcats, the Class A affiliate of the Cleveland Indians. Rodriguez resigned as Marlins manager in June of 2011 after starting the season 32-39
- Mark Gonzales from the Chicago Tribune reports that the White Sox remain interested in Australian pitching prospect Shane Lindsay.
- Adam Rubin over at ESPN reports that some Mets minor league players have cleared waivers and will become free agents, including Jason Pridie.
Jon Morosi from Fox Sports reported that former Oakland Athletics Bench Coach Joel Skinner will become the AAA Coach for the White Sox affiliates.
- Greg Schaum, beat writer for the Royals reports that Minor Leaguer Mario Santiago will be playing in Japan next season
- Former standout prospects Craig Kimbel and Jeremy Hellickson now both have a full big league season under their belts as well as some hardware to add to their mantles at home winning their respective Rookie of the Year Awards.