Some early afternoon AL and NL West rumors:
- Ken Rosenthal and John Paul Morosi from FOX Sports say that the San Diego Padres want to trade Jason Bartlett and Orlando Hudson, currently their only two players under contract.
- The story also says that the Anaheim Angels are still uncertain on Kendry Morales and will be until after January first, sources tell them.
- Troy Renck from the Denver Post says that the Colorado Rockies would trade for Chone Figgins of the Seattle Mariners and would give up a good prospect, but only if the Mariners ate most of the salary.
- Joel Sherman of the New York Post tweets that Mariners GM Jack Zduriencik has no interest in trading starting pitcher Felix Hernandez, again.
- Bill Shaikin of the Los Angeles Times said that the Anaheim Angels called Rod Barajas with interest in him, but he had already committed to the Pittsburgh Pirates.
- Ken Gurnick of MLB.com says that the Los Angeles Dodgers are going hard after catcher Matt Treanor.