The latest from Ken Rosenthal of Fox Sports…
- The Blue Jays have expressed interest in trading for Rockies closer Huston Street. Alex Anthropolous is said to be stunned at the asking price of free agent closers, so the trade alternative makes some sense. According to past reports, the Blue Jays would be willing to deal prospects in return.
- The Rockies remain very interested in Braves outfielder/infielder Martin Prado. The Braves are said to be looking for outfield help and may be interested in Seth Smith as part of a package.
- The Braves are not looking to make drastic changes despite their late season collapse. GM Frank Wren believes injuries to Jair Jurrjens, Tommy Hanson, and Brian McCann contributed to the team's failure down the stretch
- Nationals GM Mike Rizzo is interested in locking up third baseman Ryan Zimmerman to a long term deal. He is under contract through 2013.
- The Dodgers aren't going to sign pitcher Clayton Kershaw to a long term deal...yet. The team has had some well-documented financial issues and Kershaw is still under team control for three more years. The Dodgers viewed extending Matt Kemp as the more pressing matter.