Some Boston Red Sox rumors this early afternoon for you.
- Rob Bradford of WEEI.com writes that, whoever ends up being the manager of the Boston Red Sox, it has to be Ben Charington's choice. They are interviewing Bobby Valentine today, and Bradford fears he may be Larry Lucchino's choice.
- Matthew Kory from SBNation's Over the Monster writes that the Jonathan Papelbon deal with the Philadelphia Phillies is as silly as using Jeff Mathis as a pinch hitter (I loved that simile).
- Darryl Johnston of Firebrand of the American League reviews the season that was for JD Drew, who is now a free agent, or he may simply just retire.
- Gordon Edes from ESPN Boston writes more about the schedule meeting with the Red Sox and Bobby Valentine today.
- Alex Speier from WEEI wonders if the Red Sox could make a play for Minnesota Twins closer/relief pitcher Matt Capps. He thinks that the Red Sox could buy low on Capps instead of signing a more risky free agent.