After the collapse of 2011, the Boston Red Sox certainly have a lot to do this off season. Here are some rumors for you in this early afternoon.
- Troy Reneck of the Denver Post says that the Colorado Rockies could try to trade for Kevin Youkilis. There have been mixed reports about the Red Sox willingness to trade Youkilis, with no other real 3B option and Will Middlebrooks still a year away.
- Arielle Aronson of WEEI.com says that the Red Sox could pursue IF/OF Martin Prado of the Atlanta Braves if they do not sign their coveted outfielder Michael Cuddyer of the Minnesota Twins.
- Nick Cafrado of the Boston Globe says that the Red Sox are very interested in Gio Gonzalez of the Oakland Athletics. However, so are the Florida Marlins.
- Cafardo also says that Red Sox assistant GM Allard Baird withdrew himself from the Baltimore Orioles GM position before Dan Duquette got the job yesterday.
- Rob Bradford of WEEI.com talked to Josh Byrnes of the San Diego Padres about what really happens in managerial interviews.