The big name right now is Yu Darvish, but there are other pitchers on the market right now too. What are we watching for today?
- Jon Heyman from CBS Sports is saying that the Arizona Diamondbacks are moving on from Joe Saunders and will not look to re sign the non tendered left hander.
- Ken Rosenthal from FOX Sports says that the D-Backs still have their eyes on Hiroki Kuroda, a free agent right hander from the Dodgers.
- Heyman is saying that there are signs that the highest bids for Darvish are from the Texas Rangers and the Toronto Blue Jays.
- Rosenthal wonders if the San Diego Padres could make left hander Mat Latos available. Yesterday they said they would not, but today say they will not rule anything out.
- Troy Renck from the Denver Post says that the St. Louis Cardinals are on the verge of signing free agent left handed relief pitcher J.C. Romero, who had been released by the Phillies.