HOUSTON - SEPTEMBER 22: Mark Melancon #54 of the Houston Astros pitches against the Colorado Rockies in the ninth inning at Minute Maid Park on September 22, 2011 in Houston, Texas. (Photo by Bob Levey/Getty Images)
News and notes from around the American League East division from today and last night.
- George A. King III of the New York Post says that the Toronto Blue Jays are the likely winners to negotiate exclusively with Yu Darvish.
- Ken Rosenthal of FOX Sports lists the names of some of the teams in on Oakland lefty Gio Gonzalez, and the list includes the Boston Red Sox.
- Alex Speier from WEEI looks at the Red Sox moves the past few days, Nick Punto, Mark Melancon and Kelly Shoppach, and talks about what is ahead.
- Matt Imbrongo of the Yankee Analysts looks at to what we can expect from Mark Teixiera in his fourth year with the Yankees.
- Pete Abraham of the Boston Globe talked to Mark Melancon, the relief pitcher that the Red Sox just acquired from the Houston Astros for Jed Lowrie and Kyle Weiland. He talks about his time with the Yankees, Astros, and looks ahead to Boston.
Don't miss a single rumor, trade, or signing! Follow us: