SEATTLE - SEPTEMBER 28: Starting pitcher Gio Gonzalez #47 of the Oakland Athletics pitches against the Seattle Mariners at Safeco Field on September 28, 2011 in Seattle, Washington. (Photo by Otto Greule Jr/Getty Images)
- Jon Paul Morosi of FOX Sports tweeted that Oakland wants a future third baseman. The Texas Rangers have Michael Olt, and the Boston Red Sox have Will Middlebrooks.
- ESPN's Jerry Cransick reports that while the Detroit Tigers did indeed offer Jacob Turner for Gonzalez, they are considered long shots to land Gonzalez.
- Jon Heyman from CBS Sports says that while the New York Yankees love Gio Gonzalez, they are not inclined to give up Manny Banuelos, Dellin Betances or Jesus Montero.
- Buster Olney of ESPN says that Gonzalez is the Rangers back up plan to Yu Darvish, and to get him Texas will likely have to give up the after mentioned Olt and also pitching prospect Martin Perez.
- Jayson Stark from ESPN says that once Darvish signs, the Gonzalez market will heat up, along with John Danks of the Chicago White Sox.
Don't miss a single rumor, trade, or signing! Follow us: