LOS ANGELES, CA - AUGUST 27: Seth Smith #7 of the Colorado Rockies runs to third base against the Los Angeles Dodgers in the second inning of the game at Dodger Stadium on August 27, 2011 in Los Angeles, California. (Photo by Jeff Golden/Getty Images)
Here are some news and notes following the Colorado Rockies for today:
- Troy Renck of the Denver Post says that the Colorado Rockies did indeed call the Oakland Athletics on Gio Gonzalez, but were not willing to give up the four top prospects.
- Jon Paul Morosi of FOX Sports says that while the Rockies need rotation help, they are not going to pursue Hiroki Kuroda or Joe Saunders unless their price drops considerably.
- Rob Neyer from Baseball Nation says that Colorado Rockies outfielder Seth Smith is very expendable and that the Rockies may look to trade him for pitching.
- Bradley Woodrum from SBNation Denver also talks about the Rockies lack of pitching, and says that the Rox may have an interest in Tampa Bay Rays starter Wade Davis.
- Hayden Kane from Rox Pile wonders who will bat in the number two slot for the Rockies, and whether it will have to be someone that they sign or they trade for,