DENVER, CO - SEPTEMBER 16: Cody Ross #13 of the San Francisco Giants watches his solo homerun off of starting pitcher Alex White #43 of the Colorado Rockies in the fifth inning at Coors Field on September 16, 2011 in Denver, Colorado. (Photo by Doug Pensinger/Getty Images)
Lots of things happening in the wild west this off season, in both the American and National Leagues. Here is a round up of everything that is going on today:
- Susan Slusser from the San Francisco Chronicle says that the Oakland Athletics are interested in Cuban outfielder Jorge Soler. This is the first west team Soler has been linked to.
- Troy Renck of the Denver Post says that the Colorado Rockies are pursuing Ryan Theriot, a utility type who can play both infield and outfield.
- Buster Olney of ESPN says that the Rox interest in Cody Ross is only if they trade Seth Smith.
- Jim McLennan from AZ Snake Pit, the SBNation Arizona Diamondbacks blog, takes a look at the D-Backs 2012 payroll as it goes up this off season.
- Jeff Aberle from Purple Row, the SBNation Colorado Rockies blog, takes a look at the Rockies off season, and where they need to fill major gaps, as long as what has happened.