NEW YORK, NY - AUGUST 10: Pitcher Aaron Harang #41 of the San Diego Padres throws a pitch during the first inning of a Major League Baseball game against the New York Mets at Citi Field on August 10, 2011 in the Flushing neighborhood of the Queens borough of New York City. (Photo by Paul Bereswill/Getty Images)
Sounds like our earlier predictions of the Los Angeles Dodgers having just a little more to work with this off-season could be accurate. The team is closing in on a deal with Aaron Harang and projecting him to be something of a 4th starter. The deal is said to be for 2-years:
Twitter / @Ken_Rosenthal: Sources tell me and @jonmo ...
Sources tell me and @jonmorosi that #Dodgers are making progress on deal with Aaron Harang. #MLB
Twitter / @JimBowdenESPNxm
"Dodgers and Aaron Harang are close to an agreement"
Twitter / @jonmorosi
Source: Aaron Harang's deal with #Dodgers expected to be for two years.
Dodgers working toward deal with Aaron Harang - latimes.com
"The bankrupt club is continuing to work toward a deal with starting pitcher Aaron Harang, according to people familiar with the situation who spoke on the condition of anonymity because an agreement hasn’t been finalized. The Dodgers, who are three days removed from signing right-hander Chris Capuano, are viewing the 33-year-old Harang as a potential No. 4 starter."
Dodgers lose Jamie Hoffmann to Rockies - latimes.com
"...the team cleared a spot on its previously full 40-man roster by placing minor-league outfielder Jamie Hoffmann on outright waivers, and Hoffmann was claimed by the Colorado Rockies."
Joe Torre talking with 'four or five' prospective Dodgers bidders - latimes.com
"Torre declined to identify any of the prospective bidders but said none has given him a deadline to decide. One of the prospective buyers previously has been identified as real estate developer and potential mayoral candidate Rick Caruso."