Returning from the Disabled List
- The big return yesterday was the activation of Stephen Strasburg. Strasburg pitched well on Tuesday night, going 5 innings and allowing just 2 hits.
- The Indians' activated OF Trevor Crowe from the 60-day disabled list, and designated for assignment Jerod Head to make room on the 40-man roster. The team also activated 2B Jason Kipnis from the 15-day disabled list on Tuesday, and OF Grady Sizemore on Monday.
- The Pirates activated RHP Evan Meek from the 60-day disabled list.
- The Astros activated LHP Sergio Escalona from the 15-day disabled list.
- The Angels activated RHP Garrett Richards from the 15-day disabled list.
- The Yankees activated SS Ramiro Pena from the 15-day disabled list.
- The Orioles activated 1B/3B Chris Davis from the 15-day disabled list.
- The Cardinals activated 2B Nick Punto from the 15-day disabled list.
- The Marlins activated RHP Brian Sanches from the 15-day disabled list. The team also activated C John Baker and 3B Donnie Murphy from the 60-day disabled list.
- The Blue Jays activated RHP Dustin McGowan from the 60-day disabled list.
Newly Hurt, but Not On the Disabled List
- Jose Tabata will miss time with a fracture in his left hand, but it doesn't appear that he will be placed on the disabled list due to the roster expansions.
- It appears that Josh Beckett will be out until next week some time at least, as he will miss his next scheduled start.
- Brennan Boesch is expected to miss the remainder of the season with an injured right thumb.
- Marlins' OF Mike Cameron left Tuesday's game with a hamstring injury.
On the Disabled List
- The Brewers intend to ease Rickie Weeks back into the lineup when he is activated from the disabled list.
- Indians' RHP Carlos Carrasco will miss most, if not all, of the 2012 season after being scheduled for Tommy John surgery. He was transferred to the 60-day disabled list on Tuesday.
Procedural Moves (From 15-day to 60-day disabled list)