Last week was a pretty hectic one for Major League Baseball.
Not only were teams wheeling and dealing around the Opryland Hotel all week, but the Veterans Committee also announced its Hall of Fame selections, the BBWAA announced its new members, and the Rule 5 Draft was held to cap the whole thing off.
With all that going on, it was inevitable that a few minor moves would fall through the cracks. Here's a quick recap of all the minor moves made in the last week or so that we may have missed while rumors were flying every which way:
- Los Angeles Angels claimed OF Scott Cousins off of waivers from the Mariners.
- Atlanta Braves claimed RHP David Carpenter off of waivers from the Red Sox.
- Miami Marlins claimed 1B/OF Joe Mahoney off of waivers from the Orioles.
- Cleveland Indians claimed 1B Mike McDade off of waivers from the Blue Jays.
- New York Yankees claimed RHP Jim Miller off of waivers from the Athletics.
Signings / Acquisitions
- Oakland Athletics, 1B Daric Barton avoided arbitration with a one-year, $1.1 million deal.
- Tampa Bay Rays, SS Sean Rodriguez avoided arbitration with a one-year, $1 million deal.
- Washington Nationals signed LHP Bill Bray to a minor-league deal.
- Baltimore Orioles acquire INF Yamaico Navarro from the Pirates for RHP Jhondaniel Medina.
- Orioles sign LHP Adam Russell to a minor-league deal with a spring training invite.
- Indians sign RHP Fernando Nieve to a minor-league deal with an invite to spring training.
- Athletics acquire RHP Chris Resop from the Pirates for RHP Zach Thornton.
- Rays sign OF Jason Bourgeois to a minor-league deal.
- Arizona Diamondbacks sold RHP Brad Bergesen to the Chunichi Dragons in Japan.
- RHP Cory Wade elected free agency rather than accept assignment from Toronto.
- Yankees INF Jayson Nix has cleared waivers and accepted his assignment to Triple-A.