The AL Central division has plenty of rumors and some great analysis today, so let's take a look at the most worthy:
- Rob Neyer over at Baseball Nation compares the Kansas City Royals to the Toronto Blue Jays, who have both recently made big moves. He takes a look at their records last year, division differences and their pitching rotations.
- Mike Bates takes a crack at it as well in an MLBDD Original: A Tale of Two Competing, Divergent Opinions.
- Nick Swisher is reportedly going to visit the Cleveland Indians.
- In another MLBDD Original, Cee Angi argues that the White Sox should/must re-sign A.J. Pierzynski.
- On Bless You Boys, the SBNation Detroit Tigers blog, Patrick O'Kennedy says the Tigers should not be so quick to trade pitcher Rick Porcello.
- Matt Conner of SB Nation Kansas City thinks the Royals should sign Austin Kearns.
- The Twins signed Mike Pelfrey.
- Troy Renck of the Denver Post says that before trading Wil Myers to Tampa Bay, the Royals talked with the Colorado Rockies about possibly trading Luke Hochevar to Colorado, but it never worked out.
- Danny Knobler of CBS Sports says that the Detroit Tigers have gotten about a dozen calls about trading Porcello after they signed right hander Anibal Sanchez this past week. The Tigers seem inclined to trade Porcello.