Hey guys we've had a ton of content since the winter meetings, so it's easy to miss stuff. Here's the latest from the Baltimore Orioles:
- The O’s are in the market for a first baseman, and considering the lack of options on the free agent market the team has been tied to Justin Smoak of the Seattle Mariners.
- One of the first base options remaining on the free agent market is Adam LaRoche. While he would fit the bill of a middle-of-the-order bat and first baseman, the Orioles are hesitant since he would require a first-round draft pick to sign.
- Beyond first base, the O’s are also targeting starting pitching. While they’ve been tied to several names, including Kyle Lohse, they’ve been talking contract with left-hander Joe Saunders.
- While they haven’t made much of a splash this offseason, Baltimore has signed several minor league free agentsin hopes of cashing in once again on low-cost, high-reward players. Among the recent minor league signings are first baseman Travis Ishikawa and right-hander Daniel Schlereth.
- Baltimore is in discussion a contract extension with 2012 American League Manager of the Year runner-up Buck Showalter.
Also, be sure to follow the Orioles team stream for everything on the club!