What started out as a very slow second day picked up as the evening went along, as Tuesday as the Winter Meetings finished with four signings and the meetings’ first two trades.
Since it’s difficult enough to keep track of what’s going on with your own team at the winter meetings – let alone the entire league – we’ve broken down all of Day 2’s action by division.
Here’s quick bullet point look at what went on with the NL East on Tuesday:
Signings / Acquisitions
- Washington Nationals sign RHP Dan Haren to a one-year, $13 million deal
- Miami Marlins acquire SS Derek Dietrich from the Rays for SS Yunel Escobar
- Atlanta Braves re-sign INF Paul Janish to one-year deal
- Nationals 1B/OF Mike Morse drawing interest from the Orioles
- Marlins showing interest in 1B/3B Mark Reynolds
- New York Mets optimistic about re-signing OF Scott Hairston
- Braves making RHPs Julio Teheran, Randall Delgado available?
- Phillies discussed swapping LHP Cliff Lee for OF Justin Upton?
- Marlins not shopping OF Giancarlo Stanton or RHP Ricky Nolasco
In case you missed it, here is a rundown of what happened in the NL East on Day 1. Be sure to check back in tomorrow for a full run-down of Day 3 at the winter meetings.