A quick recap of all Tuesday's AL East news out of Nashville.
What started out as a very slow second day picked up as the evening went along, as Tuesday as the Winter Meetings finished with five signings and the meetings’ first two trades.
Since it’s difficult enough to keep track of what’s going on with your own team at the winter meetings – let alone the entire league – we’ve broken down all of Day 2’s action by division.
Here’s quick bullet point look at what went on with the AL East on Tuesday:
Signings / Acquisitions
- Boston Red Sox sign OF Shane Victorino to a three-year, $39 million deal
- Tampa Bay Rays acquire SS Yunel Escobar from the Marlins
- Rays’ chances of trading starting pitching increasing
- Red Sox one of several teams interested in RHP Kyle Lohse
- Red Sox among six teams targeting RHP Anibal Sanchez
- New York Yankees open to trading CF Curtis Granderson?
- Yankees talks with C A.J. Pierzynski heating up
- Baltimore Orioles showing interest in Nationals 1B/OF Mike Morse
In case you missed it, here is a rundown of what happened in the AL East on Day 1. Be sure to check back in tomorrow for a full run-down of Day 3 at the winter meetings.