5:04 PM ET: Kotchman's deal is worth $3 million plus incentives, according to Paul Hoynes.
Heyman adds that the Indians needed another bat, and Kotchman will be a good pickup, noting that last season was his best. For the same reason, Adam Bernacchio of MLBDD said suitors (most recently said to be the Orioles) should be wary because much of Kotchman's success last season was based on an inflated BABIP:
- Twitter / @JonHeymanCBS - "kotchman is heading to the #indians"
- Twitter / @JonHeymanCBS - "dont have $ on kotchman. but good pickup for #indians. they needed another bat. had his best year last year."
- Twitter / @hoynsie - "Casey Kotchman signs for $3 million plus incentives on one-year deal with $Tribe. #Indians."
- Is Casey Kotchman A Fit With The Baltimore Orioles? - MLB Daily Dish
"But despite his career season, Kotchman hasn't had many suitors this offseason. The Cleveland Indians were in on Kotchman earlier this offseason, but haven't pulled the trigger yet. There was an outside chance that Kotchman could have ended up back with the Rays, but they went out and signed Carlos Pena. While those two windows have presumably closed on Kotchman, another one might be opening."
- Cleveland Indians Complete Organizational Chart - MLB Daily Dish
Rosters, Salaries, Leadership, Prospects, and Arbitration/Option details for the entire Indians Org.