KANSAS CITY, MO - SEPTEMBER 20: Eric Hosmer #35 of the Kansas City Royals hits a single in the third inning during a game against the Detroit Tigers at Kauffman Stadium on September 20, 2011 in Kansas City, Missouri. Hosmer went 5 for 5 in the the Royals 10-2 win. (Photo by Ed Zurga/Getty Images)
Here are some news, notes and links from around the American League Central Division.
- South Side Sox, the SBNation Chicago White Sox blog, talked to Dan Fabian, the director of baseball operations with the Chicago White Sox about his role with the team.
- Sam Mellinger of the Kansas City Star talked to Kansas City Royals first baseman Eric Hosmer, who says that he would be more than open to signing an extension with the Royals.
- Mark Gonzales from the Toronto Star takes a look at White Sox pitcher Nestor Molina, and how his path is similar to Toronto Blue Jay and former Chicago White Sox closer Sergio Santos.
- John Lowe from the Detroit Free Press looks at six pitchers who are vying for a spot in the Detroit Tigers rotation, all of which are younger than 26 years old.
- Andrew Musada from KSBY.com talks about pitcher Danny Duffy's new deal with the Royals, as he came to an agreement with them yesterday.