Some notes from around the NL East for the late morning.
- Jon Heyman tweets that top prospect Bryce Harper may start the season in AAA after all, despite his manager's wishes to start him in right field.
- Speaking of Harper, the outfielder is still nursing a sore left calf that has kept him out of action since Thursday, but is expected to return Sunday or Monday.
- The Braves starting pitching depth took a hit this week when prospect Arodys Vizcaino was diagnosed with elbow inflammation after undergoing an MRI.
"Despite daveys desires, strong speculation is bryce harper will begin season in minors, w/ mid-year callup hoped for. #nats"
"#Braves want to see if Heyward is viable option in CF to get thru a game or 2, so might not have to carry a specific backup CF."
- Anthony Dicomo at MLB.com goes a bit more in-depth in summing up the series of injuries that have hit the Mets the last few weeks.
- Peter Gammons writes about how he believes that the new-look Miami Marlins will meld style with success this season.