News, notes and links from around the eastern divisions.
- Adam Kilgore from the Washington Post says that Washington Nationals general manager Mike Rizzo says that he is not actively shopping left handed starting pitcher John Lannan, who has rumored to be on the market.
- Clark Spencer of the Miami Herald tweets that the Miami Marlins have outrighted pitcher Sean West to Triple A New Orleans.
- Kevin Goldstein from Baseball Prospectus reports that the Toronto Blue Jays have signed infielder Ruben Gotay.
- David Murphy of the Philadelphia Daily News looks for potential infield help for the Philadelphia Phillies, suggesting Alberto Callaspo of the Anaheim Angels and Robert Andino of the Baltimore Orioles, along with some others.
- Rob Bradford from WEEI.com writes about Boston Red Sox catcher Ryan Lavarnway, and how his weight loss has led to a healthy off season and he is ready to compete for a potential spot on the big league roster.