Is Mr. Grumpyface here the key to the Padres' ability to make further moves?
Here's the latest out of the National League West...
- Dodgers Rescind Trade Offer for Carlos Lee - The Los Angeles Dodgers have pulled their trade offer for Houston Astros first baseman Carlos Lee.
- Dodgers 7/1/12 Minor League Report - True Blue LA - Here's a complete review of the Dodger's system to date.
- Padres Rumors: Chase Headley and Carlos Quentin - Sounds like the Padres have to figure out what to do with Carlos Quentin before they can move Chase Headley.
Which NL West team has the best owner?
John Moores wants the $200 million from Fox Sports TV Deal when Padres are sold - Gaslamp Ball
"This sale of the team is all so confusing and everyone involved seems so shady. Three years ago the team was being sold for $530 million. After the reported 20 year / $1.2 billion TV deal the team is now being valued by its owners at $800 million. The Padres received $200 million up front from the Fox deal and that's being included in the present value of the team, which seems to make sense at least from a business perspective."
- Giants Rumors: Nate Schierholtz Likely to Draw Interest - San Francisco Giants outfielder Nate Schierholtz is the type of player that figures to draw interest as the July 31 non-waiver trade deadline approaches, reports Ken Rosenthal of FOX Sports.
- Giants Sign Gustavo Cabrera - McCovey Chronicles - The San Francisco Giants signed Dominican prospect Gustavo Cabrera for $1.3M.
Monday Rockpile: Rockies "Rotation" Slowly Becoming A Rotation Again - Purple Row
The Rockies have obviously been plagued with miserable starting pitching this season, but the past week or two have been at least promising. Andrew Martin at Purple Row has a review.
Monday Pebble Report: Schmidt Gets Lit Up in His AAA Debut, Story Homers Twice for Asheville, More
Purple Row has a complete review of the Rockies' system to date.
Minor League Round-Up 7/1: Tyler Skaggs "Okay" in First PCL Start - AZ Snake Pit
The Snakepit has a complete review of the Diamondbacks' Minor League system to date.