OAKLAND, CA - APRIL 11: Pitcher Jonathan Broxton #51 of the Kansas City Royals reacts in the 12th inning during their game against the Oakland Athletics at O.co Coliseum on April 11, 2012 in Oakland, California. Broxton hit two batters, one to load to the bases and the next one scored the winning run for the Oakland Athletics. (Photo by Ezra Shaw/Getty Images)
Here's the latest out of the American League Central:
- Cole Hamels Rumors: Tigers Hold Ticket for Phillies Ace? - Josh Slagter of Mlive.com speculates that the Detroit Tigers could hold the "golden ticket" when it comes to acquiring Hamels, if they so desired, in third base prospect Nick Castellanos.
- Tigers Moves: Marte, Worth, Ortega and Downs - The Detroit Tigers have optioned infielder Danny Worth and right-hander Luis Marte to Triple-A, the team announced.
- Twins Option Liam Hendriks; Recall Cole De Vries - The Minnesota Twins have optioned right-hander Liam Hendriks to Triple-A, reports Joe Christensen of the Minnesota Star Tribune.
- Minor League Recap: July 2, 2012 - Let's Go Tribe - The latest out of the Indian's system from LGT.
- Possible Returns for Broxton in a Trade - Royals Review - of RR looks at potential trades of Jonathan Broxton and what he might command for the Royals.
Tigers need OF more than 2B - Bless You Boys
Combining my thoughts from a couple of different posts last week, I voice the opinion in today's Detroit News that the Tigers need to acquire an outfielder more than they need to add a second baseman. The situation in the infield seems to have improved, meanwhile with Brennan Boesch showing no hopes of improvement and Andy Dirks' injury remaining an open-ended mystery the OF is a big hole. On top of that, adding someone who could bat fifth behind Prince Fielder would really help.
Do the Tigers need an OF more than a 2B?