Here's the latest out of the American League Central:
- Cole Hamels Rumors: Tigers Hold Ticket for Phillies Ace? - Josh Slagter of Mlive.com speculates that the Detroit Tigers could hold the "golden ticket" when it comes to acquiring Hamels, if they so desired, in third base prospect Nick Castellanos.
- Tigers Moves: Marte, Worth, Ortega and Downs - The Detroit Tigers have optioned infielder Danny Worth and right-hander Luis Marte to Triple-A, the team announced.
- Twins Option Liam Hendriks; Recall Cole De Vries - The Minnesota Twins have optioned right-hander Liam Hendriks to Triple-A, reports Joe Christensen of the Minnesota Star Tribune.
- Minor League Recap: July 2, 2012 - Let's Go Tribe - The latest out of the Indian's system from LGT.
- Possible Returns for Broxton in a Trade - Royals Review - of RR looks at potential trades of Jonathan Broxton and what he might command for the Royals.
Tigers need OF more than 2B - Bless You Boys
Combining my thoughts from a couple of different posts last week, I voice the opinion in today's Detroit News that the Tigers need to acquire an outfielder more than they need to add a second baseman. The situation in the infield seems to have improved, meanwhile with Brennan Boesch showing no hopes of improvement and Andy Dirks' injury remaining an open-ended mystery the OF is a big hole. On top of that, adding someone who could bat fifth behind Prince Fielder would really help.
Do the Tigers need an OF more than a 2B?