CHICAGO, IL - MAY 5: Andre Ethier #16 of the Los Angeles Dodgers scores on a sacrifice fly hit by teammate Andre Ethier #16 during the second inning against the Chicago Cubs at Wrigley Field on May 5, 2012 in Chicago, Illinois. (Photo by Brian Kersey/Getty Images)
Here's the latest out of the National League West:
- Dodgers CF Matt Kemp to Start Rehab Assignment Today - Los Angeles Dodgers outfielder Matt Kemp told Dylan Hernandez of the Los Angeles Times that he remains on schedule to begin his minor league rehab assignment today.
Todd Coffey Placed On DL, Andre Ethier Could Follow - True Blue LA
is out of the lineup on Tuesday for the sixth straight game with a left oblique injury, and it sounds like he could miss the rest of the games this week. The Dodgers have resisted placing Ethier on the disabled list, playing a man short for now six games, with hope he might be ready for the Arizona series starting Thursday. But that appears more and more unlikely.
- Juan Uribe Injures Right Ankle In Loss - True Blue LA - Third baseman Juan Uribe sprained his right ankle in the second inning of the Dodgers' 8-2 loss to the Reds on Monday night, on a play that at the time seemed to cost the Dodgers a big inning.
- NLW Diamondbacks Place John McDonald on DL; Activate Geoff Blum - The Arizona Diamondbacks have placed infielder John McDonald on the 15-day disabled list with a strained left oblique.
- Minor League Round-Up 7/2: Wheeler Just Keeps Hitting - AZ Snake Pit - Here's the latest out of the Diamondbacks' farm system.
- NLW Padres Rumors: San Diego Willing to Trade Clayton Richard - The San Diego Padres would consider trading left-handed starting pitcher Clayton Richard, reports Jon Paul Morosi of FOX Sports.
- minor lines, 7/2/12 - McCovey Chronicles - McC has the latest out of the Giants minors.
Tuesday Pebble Report: Edwar Cabrera Dominates In Triple-A Debut - Purple Row
...and here is what's happening in with the Rockies' farm system.