July 28, 2011; San Francisco, CA, USA; Los Angeles Dodgers infielder Hanley Ramirez (13) celebrates after scoring a run against the San Francisco Giants in the sixth inning at AT&T Park. Mandatory Credit: Cary Edmondson-US PRESSWIRE
In what has been one of the busiest trade deadlines in recent years, it's easy to get lost in all the trades being completed. With that being said, let's round up all the trades that did go down in the month of July division-by-division...
The NL East had the most active as well as the quietest teams on the trade front in the month of July. The Nationals did not make a single move and the Mets only subtracted from their team, yet the Marlins and Phillies traded some of their top players as part of a youth movement. The five teams in total made 13 trades in the month of July, headlined by Paul Maholm joining the NL East and Hanley Ramirez exiting.
- The Nationals did not make any trades.
- Acquired shortstop Paul Janish from the Reds in exchange for right-handed pitcher Todd Redmond.
- Acquired minor league shortstop Brian Friday from the Pirates in exchange for outfielder Christian Marrero.
- Acquired outfielder Reed Johnson and left-handed starting pitcher Paul Maholm from the Cubs in exchange for pitching prospects Arodys Vizcaino and Jaye Chapman.
- Acquired first baseman Carlos Lee from the Astros in exchange for third baseman Matt Dominguez and pitcher Rob Rasmussen.
- Acquired right-handed pitching prospect Jacob Turner, catcher Rob Brantly, left-handed pitcher Brian Flynn and Detroit's competitive balance draft pick from the Tigers in exchange for right-handed starting pitcher Anibal Sanchez and second baseman Omar Infante.
- Acquired right-handed starting pitcher Nathan Eovaldi and minor league pitcher Scott McGough from the Dodgers in exchange for third baseman Hanley Ramirez and left-handed reliever Randy Choate.
- Acquired third baseman Zack Cox from the Cardinals in exchange for right-handed reliever Edward Mujica.
- Acquired outfielder Gorkys Hernandez and Pittsburgh's 2013 competitive balance lottery pick from the Pirates in exchange for first baseman Gaby Sanchez and minor league reliever Kyle Kaminista.
- Acquired catcher Gabriel Lino and right-handed pitcher Kyle Simon from the Orioles in exchange for designated hitter Jim Thome.
- Acquired cash considerations from the Yankees in exchange for right-handed reliever Chad Qualls.
- Acquired right-handed pitchers Josh Lindblom and Ethan Martin from the Dodgers in exchange for outfielder Shane Victorino.
- Acquired outfielder Nate Schierholtz, catcher Tommy Joseph and right-handed pitcher Seth Rosin from the Giants in exchange for Hunter Pence.