In what has been one of the busiest trade deadlines in recent years, it's easy to get lost in all the trades being completed. With that being said, let's round up all the trades that did go down in the month of July division-by-division...
While every team in the AL Central made at least one trade, no division was less active on the trade front than this division. Even though the five teams combined for just 7 trades, several of them were enormous deals. Anibal Sanchez headlines the list of players joining the AL Central.
- Acquired right-handed reliever Brett Myers from the Astros in exchange for right-handed pitcher Matt Heidenreich, left-handed pitcher Blair Walters and a player to be named later.
- Acquired left-handed starting pitcher Francisco Liriano from the Twins in exchange for infielder Eduardo Escobar and left-handed pitcher Pedro Hernandez.
- Acquired second baseman Omar Infante and right-handed starting pitcher Anibal Sanchez from the Marlins in exchange for right-handed pitching prospect Jacob Turner, catcher Rob Brantly, left-handed pitcher Brian Flynn and Detroit's competitive balance draft pick.
- Acquired infielder Brent Lillibridge from the Red Sox in exchange for right-handed reliever Jose De La Torre.
- Acquired infielder Eduardo Escobar and left-handed pitcher Pedro Hernandez from the White Sox in exchange for left-handed starting pitcher Francisco Liriano.