July 28, 2012; Anaheim, CA, USA; Los Angeles Angels pitcher Zack Greinke watches game action during the fourth inning against the Tampa Bay Rays at Angel Stadium. Mandatory Credit: Gary A. Vasquez-US PRESSWIRE
In what has been one of the busiest trade deadlines in recent years, it's easy to get lost in all the trades being completed. With that being said, let's round up all the trades that did go down in the month of July division-by-division...
Every team in the only four-team division completed at least one trade with the two top teams making the big moves. Between the four teams, a total of 8 trades were completed but none was bigger than the acquisition of Zack Greinke.
- Acquired catcher Geovany Soto and cash considerations from the Cubs in exchange for minor league pitcher Jacob Brigham.
- Acquired right-handed starting pitcher Ryan Dempster from the Cubs in exchange for third baseman Christian Villanueva and right-handed pitcher Kyle Hendricks.
- Acquired right-handed reliever Barry Enright from the Diamondbacks in exchange for future considerations.
- Acquired right-handed starting pitcher Zack Greinke from the Brewers in exchange for middle infielder Jean Segura and right-handed pitchers John Hellweg and Ariel Pena.
- Acquired minor league pitchers Danny Farquhar and D.J. Mitchell from the Yankees in exchange for outfielder Ichiro Suzuki and cash considerations.
- Acquired outfielder Eric Thames from the Blue Jays in exchange for right-handed reliever Steve Delabar.
- Acquired outfielder Leon Landry and right-handed pitcher Logan Bawcom from the Dodgers in exchange for right-handed reliever Brandon League.