August 7, 2012; Chicago, IL, USA; Chicago White Sox first baseman Paul Konerko (14) rubs his head after being elbowed in the seventh inning by Kansas City Royals center fielder Jarrod Dyson (not pictured) at U.S. Cellular Field. Mandatory Credit: David Banks-US PRESSWIRE
Chicago White Sox first baseman/designated hitter Paul Konerko is likely to rejoin the team tomorrow as they begin their weekend series against the Kansas City Royals, reports Dave van Dyck of the Chicago Tribune:
Paul Konerko will be waiting for them and ready to play after missing more than a week.
"He's doing baseball stuff, so he's doing fine and he's (flying Thursday to Kansas City)," manager Robin Ventura said. "Everything is looking good that he'll be able to come off (the disabled list) Friday and be able to play."
Konerko has been out of the White Sox lineup since August 7 with concussion symptoms which resulted from an elbow he took to the head. Chicago placed the 36-year-old on the seven-day concussion disabled list last week.
Ventura said that when Konerko returns he will be the team’s DH "for at least the first day."
Konerko continues to post solid numbers, as he’s hit .316/.388/.504 with seventeen doubles and eighteen home runs over 377 at-bats this season.
How much longer can Konerko keep up this pace?