The first full week of January hasn’t been without its intriguing MLB storylines. The BBWWA sent a message with their recent Hall of Fame vote, Justin Upton sent a message to the Mariners and the Nationals re-signed Adam LaRoche and could be ready to send Mike Morse elsewhere. We’re sending you the top links on the hot MLB storylines of the week below:
- Lewie Pollis of Beyond the Box Score looks into one questionable portion of the voting process.
- Rob Neyer of Baseball Nation provides his take on the voter’s decision.
- BN’s Mike Bates tells you why the Hall of Fame is still worth caring about.
Diamondbacks outfielder Justin Upton rejected a trade that would have sent him to the Mariners for four players.
- AZ Snake Pit’s Jim McLennan asks if Upton is on his way out of Arizona.
- Matthew of Lookout Landing examines Upton’s surplus value.
- LL’s Jeff Sullivan details the price of a Justin Upton trade.
- Dave Cameron of U.S.S. Mariner says it's now up to the Mariners to convince Upton Seattle is a better situation than Arizona.
The Nationals re-signed Adam LaRoche to a two-year contract, and the rumors have since been flowing about a possible trade of Mike Morse.