News and rumors have been fast and furious out of the NL East the last few days, so we are here to wrap it all up for you.
Here's the latest in news, notes, and rumors out of the NL East:
* The New York Mets want to sign a prominent outfielder and Scott Hariston is a fall back option for them reports Jon Heyman from CBS Sports.
* The Washington Nationals have talked to the Boston Red Sox about outfielder Michael Morse according to Ken Rosenthal of FOX Sports. They are one of many teams to come calling for Morse.
* The Philadelphia Phillies are holding off their interest on Javier Vazquez until they know what his plan is GM Ruben Amaro told ESPN's Jayson Stark.
* Pete Dymeck of Through the Fence Baseball wonders if the draft pick compensation is affecting the value of Atlanta Braves free agent center fielder Michael Bourn.
* Matt Gelb of Philly.com has the details on the contracts of the latest Phillies Mike Adams and John Lannon. Adams has a two year deal with several vesting options while Lannon has one year with bonuses that could get him up to $5 million in salary this season.