The big bad news out of the NL East today was that Yuniesky Betancourt has indeed found employment. I was able to break that Yuni was signed by the Phillies for a minor league deal that could total $1.4 million if he makes the club, which was nice but the team got ever-so-slightly ahead of me. No big deal.
Here's all the latest:
- Philadelphia Phillies sign Chad Durbin - MLB Daily Dish
- Philadelphia Phillies sign Yuniesky Betancourt - MLB Daily Dish
- "Why, why, WHY?!!" - The Good Phight
- Nationals Round-Up: Rizzo, Vazquez, Zimmermann, Strasburg - MLB Daily Dish
The Washington Nationals are still the favorites in the National League East, but the Atlanta Braves are putting the pressure on the defending champs and cornering the market on Uptons. Here is the latest from the capital.
Washington Nationals Ranked 25th Overall On Minor League Ball's 2013 Baseball Farm System Rankings - Federal Baseball
Trades and graduations to the major leagues have affected the Washington Nationals' organization according to Minor League Ball's John Sickels, who has the Nats ranked 25th on his 2013 Farm System Rankings.
- Michael Bourn Rumors: Braves No Longer an Option - MLB Daily Dish
- Mets Rumors: Bourn, Hairston, Wilson, Wheeler - MLB Daily Dish
- Marlins sign Chad Qualls to minor league deal - MLB Daily Dish
Fish Bites: Bud Selig, MLB Find Way To Punish Miami Marlins - Fish Stripes
Bud Selig and Major League Baseball made it clear that they weren't satisfied with the Marlins' blockbuster, salary dump trade with Toronto. Several months later, Selig has found a way to punish Jeffery Loria and Marlins Park.
VIDEO: New Braves Outfielder Justin Upton Hits Some Monster Home Runs - Talking Chop
The days of the Braves not having power from the right side of the plate are long gone. Check out some of the biggest blasts of Upton's career.