As the free agent signing period begins, teams have until 5 PM EST on Monday to extend qualifying offers to their pending free agents. If a player is extended a qualifying offer, he has until next Monday to either accept a one-year, $14.1 million contract for next season or decline and become an unrestricted free agent. If the player declines, he can still sign with his 2013 team, but the team will receive draft pick compensation if he signs elsewhere. We will keep track of all qualifying offer decisions here throughout the afternoon:
QUALIFYING OFFER RECEIVED:
Nelson Cruz (Rangers) - per Evan Grant of the Dallas Morning News.
Kendrys Morales (Mariners) - per team announcement.
Shin-Soo Choo (Reds) - per team announcement.
WILL NOT RECEIVE QUALIFYING OFFER:
Scott Kazmir (Indians) - per Jordan Bastian of MLB.com.
Joe Nathan (Rangers) - per Jon Heyman of CBSSports.com.
AJ Burnett (Pirates) - per Jon Heyman of CBSSports.com.
Dan Haren (Nationals) - per Adam Kilgore of the Washington Post.
Jason Hammel (Orioles) - per Brittany Ghiroli of MLB.com.
Nate McLouth (Orioles) - per Brittany Ghiroli of MLB.com.
Brian Roberts (Orioles) - per Brittany Ghiroli of MLB.com.
Jason Vargas (Angels) - per team announcement.
More from MLB Daily Dish:
- Red Sox offseason: Infield depth creates opportunity
- Giants decline Vogelsong's option
- Tigers hire Brad Ausmus instant reaction: Great, good-looking hire
- Phillies rumors: Can Philadelphia land Price?
- Yankees internally discussing Jacoby Ellsbury, Matt Garza, Stephen Drew
- Athletics exercise options on Coco Crisp, Brett Anderson
- 2013-2014 MLB free agent tracker sorted by position