USA TODAY Sports
We're inching closer to Opening Day, so of course there are injuries. Let's get you caught up so you can draft your fantasy team appropriately.
We live in a fantasy world. I've come to embrace it. No, we're not talking fantasy like "step into my dream machine and have your every wish come true" type of fantasy. We're talking fantasy sports. Fantasy leagues drive up interest in just about every sporting league especially football and baseball. It's not just for dudes in their baseman tapping away at a computer all day in their underwear. That's just blogger territory (please note: I don't even have a basement).
Amazin' Avenue: Justin Turner sprains ankle
In order to keep up with the best in these fantasy leagues, you've got to stay on top of injuries. So, we've got you covered. Here are some of the major updates. No go forth and draft, trade, release, and pick up players. Or just continue watching baseball without the assistance of a fantasy team. It's your life.
- Derrick Goold of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch says David Freese is dealing with soreness in his lower back. For anyone who's every suffered through back spasms, this can be a much more debilitating issue than it seems in the Goold's tweet. Freese was held out of Saturday's game.
- The Braves have not seen Tim Hudson at full strength yet this year. He acknowledges that his arm strength is not where he expected it to be says Mark Bowman of MLB.com. While Hudson is not injured, his arm strength concerns seem to have led to some poor outings this spring. The team hopes he will get back up to speed by Opening Day.
- Carrie Muskat of MLB.com says Matt Garza still does not have a timetable for his return. The Cubs' pitcher is making progress with his throwing program, though. He is not yet throwing off a mound, but Garza is increasing the distance from which he throws on flat ground.
- David Ortiz is still not ready to begin baseball activities. Scott Lauber of the Boston Herald says Ortiz resumed physical activity today including running on an underwater treadmill, but he's not ready to increase the intensity of his workouts. Ortiz, who signed a two-year deal with the Red Sox this offseason, is coming off an achilles injury that kept him out of much of the second half of last season.
- Mets' Justin Turner sprained his ankle in today's action. According to Anthony DiComo of MLB.com, Turner had to leave the game after he rolled his ankle while trying to make a defensive play. Turner had been playing third base, so his injury is concerning considering the fact that David Wright may have to start the season on the DL.
- Speaking of David Wright, we've got his update for you right here.
More from MLBDD: