Is Ian Kennedy an ace? Can Adrian Gonzalaez bounce back? Is Delmon Young the answer? We have more questions than answers in Best of Blogs this week.
We've entered an age when we can say the Kansas City Royals have a shot at the postseason, a player named Chase Headley could eventually earn $20 million a year, and the Oakland Athletics may not be in Oakland for very long.
The game stays the same, but the story lines change. That's what we love, and that's what we write about. And for those reasons, we bring you the Best of Blogs; a look at some of the best content around the web:
- Rob Neyer explores the Arizona Diamondbacks' pitching staff and asks the question: Is Ian Kennedy an ace?
- Adrian Gonzalez had a rough 2012. He was still solid, but he wasn't quite the player San Diego Padres fans and Boston Red Sox fans saw for much of his career. Alex Kienholz of Beyond the Boxscore takes a look at Gonzalez and whether the first baseman can bounce back this year.
- They might not be the Mudville Nine, but the Kansas City Royals have left their fan base wondering when it was going to be their turn. Royals Review put a Royal twist on a baseball classic.
- Even though the Boston Red Sox had one of their worst seasons in recent history last year, there may be reason to hope. They may be reason for those in Beantown to get excited. However, even before the season starts, the club is try to instill pessimism says Lew Freedman of Call to the Pen.
- Is Delmon Young the answer in Philadelphia? It depends on the question and who is answering that questions. Michael Baumann of Crashburn Alley says he is.
- As Robinson Cano looks for a huge contract in order to stay in New York, the Yankees and others are looking at what he might be able to do. Call it fun with projections. Dave Cameron of Fangraphs took a look at Cano and second base aging curves.
- For anyone that doesn't read Hardball Times, stop not doing that and start doing it (seriously, once you get pas the confusion of that sentence, just check them out). Frank Jackson has a great piece on his own private Opening Day.
Baseball Nation: Pitchers and spring stats that matter
If you'd like to be included in Best of Blogs, shoot an email my way: jecazador(at)yahoo(dot)com. I promise I'll try to read it.