Lowe left no room for interpretation after his practice round on Wednesday at the American Century Championship celebrity golf tournament. He's done with baseball.
"I'm officially no longer going to play the game," Lowe said. "It's still enjoyable, but the role I was having wasn't fulfilling."
.Lowe states the reason he retired is that he was no longer happy with the role that he had for teams. His most notable career accomplishment was his role in the 2004 Red Sox World Series run where he pitched in crucial games during the ALCS and World Series.
He finished third in Cy-Young voting in 2002 when he won 21 games and lost eight times with a 2.58 ERA.
More from MLB Daily Dish:
- Yankees told "no deal to be made" for Headley
- Padres trade rumors: San Diego looking to sell
- Giants trade rumors: Tigers, others interested in Tim Lincecum
- Eighty percent chance Garza is traded before start
- Join the MLBDD community and write a fanpost!