After signing a minor league deal with the Orioles in February, Jurrjens began the year at Triple-A Norfolk before being called up in mid-May. In 7.1 innings in the majors this season, he allowed four earned runs on nine hits. With Norfolk, he posted a 6-6 record with a 4.18 ERA, 4.9 K/9, and 2.3 BB/9 in sixteen starts before being designated for assignment on July 12th. After clearing waivers, Jurrjens elected free agency and decided to return to the team that signed him as an amateur free agent in 2003.
In seven major league seasons with the Tigers (2007), Braves (2008-2012), and Orioles (2013), Jurrjens is 53-37 with a 3.63 ERA in 128 career appearances (126 starts). He heads back to the Tigers organization in hopes of breaking back into the major leagues and helping the team down the stretch.
Read more MLBDD:
- Chicago, Boston discussing Middlebrooks for Peavy
- Red Sox rumors: Team scouted Royals' Hochevar
- White Sox trade rumors: Rangers interested in Rios, De Aza
- Biogenesis scandal: Alex Rodriguez facing possible lifetime ban
- Tigers rumors: Miguel Cabrera, club expect extension deal