After causing a stir by being removed from the Pawtucket Red Sox game in the sixth inning, Jackie Bradley Jr. is not on the move. The top prospect suffered a very minor elbow injury during tonight's game and was removed for precautionary reasons, according to a source.
Bradley Jr. has been the subject of trade rumors throughout the week as the Sox chase high-cost starters like Jake Peavy and Cliff Lee. While he still may be dealt in a blockbuster at the deadline, he was not removed from tonight's game because a deal is close.
More from MLB Daily Dish:
- Red Sox acquire Jake Peavy in 3-team deal
- Jays shopping Bonifacio, Melky
- Pirates, D-Backs, Orioles hot in pursuit of Norris
- Something brewing in San Francisco?
- Angels, Padres, Cubs in on Ian Kennedy