The Mariners are getting busy before the trade deadline. According to multiple reports, the Mariners are in discussions with teams involving deals for closer Tom Wilhelmsen and reliever Oliver Perez. They are also in discussions to trade Mike Morse with multiple teams.
Mariners are in active trade discussions involving both Wilhelmsen and O. Perez, source says.— Jon Morosi (@jonmorosi) July 31, 2013
Morse, 31, is a free agent after the season and has struggled this season with the Mariners, hitting .246 with 11 home runs, 23 RBI and a .307 WHIP. Wilhelmsen, 29, is under team control through the 2017 season and has been an average closer this year with a 3.61 ERA with 24 saves, a 1.183 WHIP and 6.7 SO/9. Perez, 31, has been an outstanding reliever his year with a 2.35 ERA with a 1.278 WHIP and 12.2 SO/9.
More from MLB Daily Dish:
- Phillies trade rumors: Michael Young willing to accept deal to Red Sox, Rangers
- Orioles trade rumors: Baltimore interested in Morneau, Norris, Perez, Morse
- White Sox trade rumors: Alex Rios deal unlikely
- MLB trade rumor roundup: Hours to go
- Athletics acquire Alberto Callaspo from Angels for Grant Green