The Boston Red Sox will call up outfielder Jackie Bradley Jr. for tonight's game against the Seattle Mariners, MLBDailyDish's Joon Lee has learned. Injuries to outfielders Jacoby Ellsbury and Shane Victorino made the call-up necessary. Bradley did not play in last night's Pawtucket Red Sox game.
The Red Sox will have to make a 25-man roster move to add Bradley, but that transaction is not yet known.
Bradley has played well at Pawtucket, hitting .297 with 18 doubles, two triples, seven home runs, 21 RBI and a .393 OBP while playing solid defense in center field. This will be Bradley's third stint with the Red Sox this year.
To replace Bradley on the roster, the Pawtucket Red Sox purchased the contract of LHP Eric Niesen of the Atlantic League's Long Island Ducks.
More from MLB Daily Dish:
- Biogenesis investigation: Suspensions coming for Braun, A-Rod, others
- Yankees trade rumors: Hughes, Joba being shopped aggressively
- Ryan Howard injury: Will have surgery on knee, out 6-8 weeks
- Indians trade rumors: Tribe looking at Garza, Gallardo
- San Francisco Giants sign Jeff Francoeur
- Join the MLBDD community and write a fanpost!