- The Minnesota Twins optioned Michael Tonkin to Triple-A Rochester and recalled Chris Herrmann from Triple-A, according to MLB.com's Rhett Bollinger.
- The St. Louis Cardinals assigned Sam Freedman to Triple-A Memphis, according to the MLB.com transaction page.
- The Pittsburgh Pirates optioned Brandon Cumpton to Triple-A Indianapolis following the team's doubleheader, while the New York Yankees did the same with right-hander Jose Ramirez, sending him back to Scranton/Wilkes-Barre.
- Colorado Rockies outfielder Michael Cuddyer will return on Tuesday, according to Brent Briggeman of the Colorado Springs Gazette. Here's what our own Wick Terrell wrote about Cuddyer:
- St. Louis Cardinals right-hander Jason Motte is expected to be activated on Tuesday, according to the St. Louis Post Dispatch's Derrick Goold. Motte, who is just finishing a 14-month recovery from Tommy John surgery, should become an important part of the Cardinals bullpen, even though he won't return to his closer role, writes Tyler Drenon:
- Tampa Bay Rays starter Alex Cobb will likely return to the starting rotation on Thursday, reports Marc Topkin of the Tampa Bay Times.
- The Miami Marlins released right-hander Carlos Marmol and officially signed free agent shortstop Miguel Tejada to a minor league contract, according to CBS Sports' Jon Heyman. The Marlins also signed free agent right-hander Alex Sanabia to a minor league contract.
- The Philadelphia Phillies signed free agent right-hander Shawn Camp to a minor league contract, as reported by Baseball America's Matt Eddy.
- The Houston Astros traded left-hander Raul Valdes to the Blue Jays for a player to be named later, according to a team announcement.