- The Cincinnati Reds placed first baseman Joey Votto on the 15-day DL, retroactive to May 16, with a distal quad strain in his left knee. The team activated right fielder Jay Bruce from the 15-day DL in a corresponding move. (Via Reds Twitter account)
- The Philadelphia Phillies placed left-hander Cliff Lee on the 15-day DL, retroactive to May 19, with a grade 1/2 left elbow strain. The team recalled OF/1B Darin Ruf from Triple-A Lehigh Valley in a corresponding move. (Via Phillies Twitter account)
- The Los Angeles Dodgers activated left-hander Hyun-Jin Ryu from the 15-day DL and placed third baseman Juan Uribe on the 15-day DL with a right hamstring strain (Via Dodgers Twitter account)
- San Francisco Giants right-handers Matt Cain and Santiago Casilla both left Wednesday's game with injuries. Manager Bruce Bochy said Casilla will likely head to the DL, according to the San Jose Mercury News' Alex Pavlovic, while Cain has a strained right hamstring, via CSN Bay Area's Andrew Baggarly.
- The Boston Red Sox placed left-hander Felix Doubront on the 15-day DL with a left shoulder strain, according to the Boston Globe's Pete Abraham.
- The Dodgers recalled Erisbel Arruebarrena from Double-A Chattanooga and optioned Chris Withrow to Triple-A Albuquerque, according to a team announcement.
- The St. Louis Cardinals recalled Shane Robinson from Triple-A Memphis and optioned Joey Butler down to Triple-A, the team announced.
- The Red Sox officially signed free agent shortstop Stephen Drew to a one-year deal, via the Boston Globe's Pete Abraham.
- Top performers included Los Angeles Angels right-hander Jered Weaver, who allowed two hits in a complete-game victory, Toronto Blue Jays first baseman Edwin Encarnacion, who hit a pair of homers in the Jays' 6-4 win, and Milwaukee Brewers right-hander Kyle Lohse, who went eight strong innings against the Braves, allowing a run on four hits.