After a two-day hiatus, the morning Daily Dish is back! Enjoy, baseball fans.
- The Los Angeles Angels placed left-hander Sean Burnett on the 15-day DL with a torn ulnar collateral ligament in his left elbow, the team announced. An elbow impingement limited Burnett to just 13 appearances last season, and he also underwent Tommy John surgery back in 2004, which means his recent injury certainly raises questions about his future in the majors. The team recalled right-hander Matt Shoemaker from Triple-A Salt Lake to fill the roster spot.
- The New York Mets activated catcher Travis d'Arnaud from the 7-day DL and optioned Juan Centeno to Triple-A Las Vegas, according to a team announcement.
- The Chicago Cubs optioned Blake Parker to Triple-A Iowa, the team announced. Left-hander Wesley Wright was placed on the paternity list.
- The Tampa Bay Rays optioned Cole Figueroa to Triple-A Durham, per the Tampa Bay Times' Marc Topkin.
- The New York Yankees are interested in signing free agent Kendrys Morales when the draft pick compensation ceases to become an issue (in roughly a week), according to FOX Sports' Ken Rosenthal.
- Cuban pitching Raciel Iglesias will throw in a showcase on Friday in Haiti at the Henfrasa Centre Sportif, according to MLB.com's Jesse Sanchez.
- The Atlanta Braves signed free agent second baseman Ross Wilson to a minor league contract, according to a team announcement.
- Rehab Assignments: Marlins 2B Rafael Furcal (Jupiter)