- Top draft prospect Jeff Hoffman will undergo Tommy John surgery, causing him to miss the rest of the season. Hoffman, a right-handed pitcher, was projected to be a top-five pick in the upcoming draft, and while his stock will drop because of the surgery, he'll still command a hefty fee upon draft day.
- The Chicago Cubs placed right-hander Pedro Strop on the 15-day DL with a left groin strain and recalled left-hander Zac Rosscup in a corresponding move, the team announced.
- The Texas Rangers transferred left-hander Pedro Figueroa from the 15-day DL to the 60-day DL with left elbow inflammation.
- The Washington Nationals activated catcher Wilson Ramos from the 15-day DL, according to a team announcement.
- The San Diego Padres purchased the contract of right-hander Hector Ambriz from Triple-A El Paso and optioned utilityman Jace Peterson to Triple-A in a corresponding move, the team announced.
- The Chicago White Sox optioned Jordan Danks to Triple-A Charlotte and activated third baseman Conor Gillaspie from the 15-day DL, according to a team announcement.
- The Houston Astros recalled right-hander Josh Zeid from Triple-A Oklahoma City and optioned Josh Fields to Triple-A in a corresponding move, per a team announcement.
- The Baltimore Orioles purchased the contract of Caleb Joseph from Triple-A Norfolk and optioned Jemile Weeks to Triple-A in a corresponding move, the team announced.
- The Rangers purchased the contract of right-hander Scott Baker from Triple-A Round Rock and optioned Daniel Robertson to Triple-A, according to Rangers VP of Communications John Blake.
- The Seattle Mariners recalled starter Erasmo Ramirez from Triple-A Tacoma, per a team announcement. The right-hander tossed six strong innings on Wednesday, allowing just two runs in the Mariners' 2-0 loss to the Oakland A's.
- Rehab Assignments: Carlos Quentin (El Paso)