- The Oakland Athletics placed right fielder Josh Reddick on the 15-day DL, retroactive to June 1, with a hyperextended right knee. The team activated right-hander Ryan Cook from the 15-day DL to fill the vacant roster spot. (Via A's Twitter account)
- The New York Yankees transferred right-hander Michael Pineda from the 15-day DL to the 60-day DL with upper back inflammation, the team announced.
- The Arizona Diamondbacks placed shortstop Cliff Pennington on the 15-day DL, retroactive to June 2, with a left thumb sprain. The team recalled Didi Gregorius from Triple-A Reno. (Via Diamondbacks Twitter account)
- The Chicago Cubs placed catcher Welington Castillo on the 15-day DL, retroactive to June 2, with left rib cage inflammation, according to a team announcement.
- The Los Angeles Angels activated left fielder Josh Hamilton from the 15-day DL and purchased the contract of Cam Bedrosian from Double-A Arkansas. The team also optioned Michael Kohn and Dane De La Rosa down to Triple-A Salt Lake and transferred left-hander Sean Burnett from the 15-day DL to the 60-day DL with a torn UCL in his left elbow. (Via Angels Twitter account)
- The Washington Nationals activated third-baseman Ryan Zimmerman from the 15-day DL and optioned Tyler Moore down to Triple-A Syracuse, the team announced. Zimmerman, who played left field for the first time in his career on Tuesday, hit a pair of doubles and drove in a run in his first game back.
- The Yankees recalled second baseman Scott Sizemore from Triple-A Scranton/Wilkes-Barre, optioned Zoilo Almonte down to Triple-A and claimed Wade LeBlanc off waivers from the Angels, according to a team announcement.
Myers injury could be Rays' undoing
This season was already looking bleak for the Rays, and now they'll be without one of their best hitters until well after the All-Star break.
- The Houston Astros recalled first baseman Jon Singleton from Triple-A Oklahoma City and optioned Marc Krauss down to Triple-A, per a team announcement. Singleton registered his first career RBI on Tuesday when he drew a bases-loaded walk.
- The Seattle Mariners recalled right-hander Erasmo Ramirez from Triple-A Tacoma and optioned Nick Franklin down to Triple-A, according to MLB.com's Greg Johns. Ramirez allowed five runs in three innings on Tuesday.
- The Philadelphia Phillies recalled Ethan Martin from Triple-A Lehigh Valley and optioned Phillippe Aumont down to Triple-A, the team announced.
- The San Diego Padres recalled Jesse Hahn from Double-A San Antonio, purchased the contract of Jason Lane from Triple-A El Paso, optioned Donn Roach down to Triple-A and placed left-hander Eric Stults on the bereavement list, per a team announcement.
- The Cubs activated right-hander Hector Rondon from the paternity list, designated right-hander Jose Veras for assignment and activated catcher Eli Whiteside from Triple-A Iowa, according to a team announcement.
- Angels outfielder Mike Trout left Tuesday's game after 1 1/2 innings with "mild back discomfort," according to MLB.com's Alden Gonzalez. Trout reportedly didn't feel anything in his back while taking batting practice, but the issue apparently acted up again and was serious enough to force him to exit.