- The Tigers have placed Kenny Rogers on waivers and hope to trade him to a contender before the September 1st deadline. However, no contender is desperate for starting pitching, so he might be hard to trade. The Mets and Yankees make some sense, but any trade is unlikely.
- Braves outfielder is drawing interest from the Phillies and Red Sox. The Braves are probably more familiar with the Phillies farm system, so a trade there makes a little more sense. However, don't rule out the Red Sox out of desperation.
- Blue Jays fans argue whether or not to keep GM J.P. Ricciardi. He deserves the right to finish out his contract and see his smart draft choices develop into major leaguers. They could be the surprise team in 2010, lead by prospects Travis Snider and J.P. Arenciba, both whom drafted by Ricciardi.
- Giants Beat Writer Andrew Baggarly thinks the Giants should take a chance on Mark Mulder. A one year, incentive base contract could really help the Giants. Don't forget they would reunite Mulder and Zito.
- The Mets, Brewers, and Cubs are all possibilities for Mike Lamb, who was designated for assignment.