NL MVP: Ryan Howard, Phillies (.251 AVG, 47 HR, .320 AVG w/ RISP)
- A close call between him, Albert Pujols, and Carlos Delgado, Howard was a step above the rest. Despite hitting the lowest of the three, Howard carried the team during the second half of the season and lead the final surge that got them into the playoffs. He hit .320 with RISP and came through in the clutch all season long.
NL Cy Young: C.C. Sabathia, Brewers (17-10 W-L, 2.70 ERA, 1.65 ERA w/ MIL)
- Sabathia was not my choice last week for Cy Young. But after winning his final two starts on three days rest and getting the Brewers into the playoffs, he is the obvious choice. He won eleven games for the Brewers and through seven complete games, giving the bullpen a lot of rest. While Brandon Webb and Tim Lincecum were dominant, they didn't lead their team into the playoffs like Sabathia did.
NL Rookie of the Year: Geovanny Soto, Cubs (.285 AVG, 23 HR, 86 RBI)
- Cubs rookie Geovanny Soto did an excellent job behind the plate. He handled the veteran pitchers to a league leading 97 wins, while leading all catchers with 23 homeruns.
NL Comeback Players of the Year: Jorge Cantu, Marlins (.277 AVG, 29 HR, 95 RBI)
- His first year playing everyday since 2005, Cantu spent last season playing 52 games with the Reds and Rays. He signed with the Marlins and stepped up in a big way to help this team improve. It is likely that the Marlins will trade him while his value is high, but he did a great job this season and deserves the award.
NL Manager of the Year: Lou Piniella, Cubs
- After figuring out what the Cubs had last season, he put this team together with a solid lineup and kept them in the front of the standings all year long. While some expect a World Series, it has been a success and a big step for the Cubs.
Executive of the Year: Tony Reagins, Angels
- Key acquisitions: Jon Garland, Mark Teixeira, Torii Hunter.
- Reagins built this team up to dominate the West. I am embarrassed to say I didn't think they had the division, but they have the depth, the offense, and the pitching to win a World Series. Not to mention one of the best coaching staffs in the league.
This story was approved by MLB Rumors.