The offseason has been very quiet so far, but here are a few stories that have made the news over the holiday break:
- Free agent Junichi Tazawa is closing in on a deal with the Boston Red Sox, according to FOXSports.com. Tazawa contacted the teams who made him offers and rejected them.
- The Red Sox also acquired Wes Littleton from the Rangers for two players to be named later or cash. Great pick up by the Red Sox, who get more depth from this move. Littleton went 7-1 with a 4.01 ERA in Triple-A.
- According to the New York Daily News, the Mets have legitimate interest in Raul Ibanez. Ibanez is also being pursued by the Cubs and Phillies, among others.
- The Tigers are still talking with the Pirates about Jack Wilson, but struggle to find a player to send back that would work financially. They are believed to be interested in Alex Cora.
- The Pittsburgh Post-Gazette is reporting that the Pirates are really pushing a trade for Ronny Paulino. They are also shopping John Grabow and Jack Wilson. As for Paulino, it would probably take a player to be named later or cash to land him. The Tigers, Cubs, Nationals, or Marlins could pursue him, among others.
- According to the Kyodo News, Ryan Wing and Justin Germano have signed with Japanese teams. Wing reestablished himself as a reliever with a 2.33 ERA in Triple-A for the Athletics. Germano will join Kameron Loe with the Hawks of Japan.
- The Phillies have signed Mike Koplove to a minor league deal, according to MSNBC.com.
- According to the Contra Costa Times, the Rockies are interested in free agent Alan Embree.
- According to MLB.com, the Astros are slowing down negotiations with Randy Wolf, suggesting they could be focusing on a bigger deal.
This story was approved by MLB Rumors.