Here are some updates from when we were sleeping:
- According to the Hot Stove Blog, the Diamondbacks and Reds are the two finalists for free agent lefty Arthur Rhodes.
- The East Valley Tribune is reporting that the Astros and Angels have joined the Giants, A's, Cubs, and Dodgers in their pursuit of Randy Johnson. According to sources, the Cubs Plan B (if they miss out on Peavy) is to sign Randy Johnson to the one year deal he is looking for.
- The Dodgers have reportedly made a short-term offer to Rafael Furcal.
- The Boston Herald is reporting that the Red Sox and Rangers have resumed talks about a trade involving Jarrod Saltalamachhia.
- According to the Denver Post, the Rockies are closing in on signing free agent Alan Embree.
- The Nationals are reportedly considering offering Mark Teixeira an eight year deal worth 160 million dollars. Teixeira might need an opt clause in there to consider it.
- According to Jon Heyman, the Yankees are closing in on free agent Derek Lowe.
- Rick Ankiel is drawing interest from the Rays, according to the Hot Stove Blog.
This story was approved by MLB Rumors.