- The Yankees have increased their offer to free agent A.J. Burnett. Their new offer, the third in three days, is now a five year deal worth 91 million dollars.
- The Red Sox are reportedly closing in on Mark Teixiera, sources told Ken Rosenthal.
- According to the Arizona Republic, the Diamondbacks have made an offer to free agent Felipe Lopez.
- The Nationals plan to meet with the agents of Pat Burrell, Adam Dunn, and Bobby Abreu, according to sources.
- The Rays also plan to talk with Bobby Abreu, one source informed me.
- The Los Angeles Times is reporting that the Cubs may have some interest in Angels infielder Chone Figgins.
- John Frisaro is reporting that the Marlins released Matt Treanor.
- The Braves are stepping up their pursuits for free agent Derek Lowe, according to one executive.
- The Brewers are looking to add a veteran pitcher, and may target Oliver Perez.
- The Padres should know by tomorrow whether or not the Cubs will accept the offer.
This story was approved by MLB Rumors.